The Subject of Spreads

In my previous post, I used a word several times that you are probably unfamiliar with (sorry, my bad!), and that word was "spread." For those of you who were wondering, let me leave you guessing no longer! A spread is simply the way you layout information on a page. The following, for example, are spreads:



Both of these ideas I got from Rachel Wilkerson Miller's book (see my previous post for more information). The first was one I modified when it came to the design. The second was one of hers which I copied.  But if it is one thing these examples afford, it is to show just how different the information and overall design of spreads can be. Remember, though, that whether they be simple or ornate, your creativity and what it is you want your dot journal to be are your limits.

In saying that, I hope I have cleared up the seemingly esoteric subject of spreads for you! In my next post, I hope to share with you the way to first put your pen to dotted paper with indexes, keys, and yearly spreads!

Comments